Classes of hosting solutions
A hosting solution is connected with stockpiling and/or sharing particular web content on a web hosting server managed by a web hosting provider. There are various types of hosting services utilized for various goals, so let's take a peek at these. Doing so, you can decide what you need, on the basis of whether you'd like to own a web portal, mail address accounts, or to share files with chums and associates.
- File hosting: a service delivered by certain hosts, which lets you share big files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archived documents, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its sole objective is to share files, since it does not offer web site uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either get a randomly created download link for each of them, or you will be able to view a list of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to load .html or .php website files in your web browser. Free-of-cost file hosting accounts are frequently supported by displaying ads next to the download links, while a timer makes you await a particular span of time to view them. A given file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you buy a paid file hosting account, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download immediately, and also there is no limit with regard to the download speed or the file size.
Nowadays, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting corporations, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modish "cloud hosting". This is a totally false interpretation of the actual meaning of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting system would share the load between separate sets of servers in a cluster, which are devoted to attending various web page hosting services (mail, disk storage, stats, DNS, databases, web hosting CP, and so on.) So, the file hosting solution is simply a variety of a storage space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: similar to file hosting; some firms provide a hosting solution for images only. This hosting kind is good if you want to share a great number of pictures with buddies or acquaintances since the solution is mostly free of cost. You will receive a random link for each image or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the solution cannot be utilized for web pages.
- E-mail hosting: a service devoted to tackling your email aliases. Some firms offer web space hosting solutions for sites, but do not supply an email hosting service. If you want to get an email address with your domain name but do not want to keep a website, then the email hosting solution is what you want. You can create email box accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting service for the domains. The email hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this solution allows you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to some video clip, or you can embed the video file in your web page that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of availing of this method instead of uploading the video clip in a web hosting account is that the video file brings about a particular amount of central processing unit load, so with a handful of videos and several hundred visitors, you may have a problem with your site hosting supplies. Embedding the video clip will enable you to utilize as many videos as you want to without bothering about system reserves.
- Website hosting: this is the service that you require if you want to run a site. To some degree, it involves all of the aforesaid hosting varieties since, along with your web pages, you can also host images and files, you can create databases and e-mailbox accounts, upload video files, and so on. At IDEA MD Hosting, for example, you can take a peek at web hosting and dedicated web server hosting accounts that permit you to get all of the aforementioned solutions in one place. There may be limits depending on the sort of hosting service that you've chosen - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your hosting account may be better or worse in comparison with the common e-mail/file/video/image hosting accounts that are conceived for particular web content exclusively.